Harrison Pensa typically hires four or five summer law students. To be eligible, students need to have completed their second year of law school by the time their summer employment would start. At this time, we have hired our full complement of Summer Students for 2019. The application process typically starts in January for the year of hire. The 2020 summer student hiring timelines will be as follows:
- Applications due 5 pm Monday Jan 20, 2020
- Call day to schedule interviews: Wed Jan 29 starting at 8 am
- Interviews: Monday Feb 10 8 am – Wed Feb 12 at 5 pm
- Offers: Thursday AM Feb 13 starting at 8 am
For suggestions on how to present a successful application and have a productive interview, please see our Resources and Advice section.
Summer applications should include the following:
- Covering letter
- A copy of your undergraduate transcript and your law school transcript to date, as well as your graduate transcript, if applicable. (If the timing of release of marks at your law school is such that your transcript will not reflect your most recent grades, please feel free to provide whatever unofficial record about those grades that is available from your law school.)
- A list of the courses in which you are currently enrolled if your transcript does not already include this information, and as well, a list of the courses in which you anticipate enrolling in your third year of law school.
- Reference letters are not required, but are welcome.
You are welcome to submit your application by mail, courier or email.
Applications and inquiries should be directed to:
450 Talbot Street
P.O. Box 3237