Congratulations to Harrison Pensa lawyers who were nominated by their Middlesex Law Association peers for MLA Awards recognizing achievements in the legal industry and our community. Voting closes Friday, August 26, 2022 for MLA members. Check your email and follow the link.
Bayly Guslits – Associate, Family Law
ACCESS TO JUSTICE AWARD recognizing individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to providing commendable legal services to those in need and promoting better access to justice in Middlesex County.
RISING STAR AWARD recognizing emerging leaders in the profession who demonstrate community involvement and have been practicing for less than 10 years.
- Called to the bar 2015
- Panel Lawyer, Legal Aid Ontario
- University of Ottawa Community Legal Clinic, Women’s Division
- Volunteer, local crisis centre for abused women
- Volunteer, Lawyers Feed the Hungry in London and Toronto
- Trained university student leaders on issues relating to sexual assault awareness, disclosure, and sensitivity
Mana Khami – Partner, General Litigation Practice Lead and Employment Lawyer
PHILANTHROPY AWARD recognizing exceptional community support of not-for-profit organizations or performing charitable services.
- Called to the bar 2010
- Southwestern Ontario Regional Director of the Ontario Bar Association
- Chair of the OBA’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Executive Board
- Appointment to The Advocates’ Society 10+ Standing Committee
- London Top 20 Under 40 Award
- Ontario Volunteer Service Award
Toenie Hersch – Partner, Family Law
DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD recognizing exceptional career contributions and/or achievements by MLA members to the legal profession and/or a law-related benefit to the community including mentorship and/or leadership roles in the community.
- Called to the bar 1985
- Past Recipient, Middlesex Family Law Association’s Civility and Access to Justice Award
- Custody, access, child and spousal support, divorce, property issues, domestic contracts and Children’s Aid Society cases. He represents both private and legally aided clients.
Thank you Bayly, Mana and Toenie and continued success and dedication to Harrison Pensa, our industry, and our community. We are proud to have you on the Harrison Pensa team.