We are proud to announce Harrison Pensa has 10 lawyers recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada™ with representation across a diverse set of legal expertise. We congratulate Lou-Anne Farrell, Trusts and Estates, who is listed for the first time based on this peer review of leading lawyers.
The Best Lawyers in Canada for 2023
The following lawyers are recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada ™. We congratulate Lou-Anne Farrell, Trusts and Estates, who is listed for the first time based on this peer review of leading lawyers.
- Steven J. Atkinson – Recognized since 2018 in the area of Insurance Law
- David Canton – Recognized since 2019 in the areas of Information Technology Law, Privacy and Data Security Law, and Technology Law
- Lou-Anne Farrell – Recognized in the area of Trusts and Estates
- Toenie Z. Hersch – Recognized since 2019 in the area of Family Law
- Tim Hogan – Recognized since 2014 in the area of Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Michael Mumby – Recognized since 2022 as a leading lawyer in Corporate Law
- Scott Spindler – Recognized since 2018 in the areas of Corporate Law and Education Law; and in 2023 as “Lawyer of the Year” for Corporate Law in London / Windsor
- David B. Williams – Recognized since 2006 in the practice areas of Bet-the-Company Legislation, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Medical Negligence, and Personal Injury Litigation; and a prior recipient of “Lawyer of the Year” for Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, and Professional Malpractice Law
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Recognizes elite rising legal talent in Canada.
Andy H. Rady: Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
Andy Rady is a Partner and leads the Personal Injury Law practice group at Harrison Pensa. Andy is passionate about serving and representing clients who have been physically or psychologically harmed through the negligence of others. He recognizes the physical and psychological effects may continue long after the initial injury has healed, and so strives to ensure every client feels heard and is fairly compensated. He collaborates with them to determine the best course of action through mediation, settlement, and litigation, if necessary.
Rob Danter: Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
Rob Danter is an Associate in the Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Group at Harrison Pensa. Rob mainly represents institutional creditors, debtors, trustees, and receivers in commercial bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings, contract disputes, and the enforcement of security.
Best Lawyers: Lawyer of the Year
Recognizes lawyers with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region.
Scott T. Spindler is voted by his peers as “Lawyer of the Year” for Corporate Law in London/Windsor. This is a significant recognition as only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specific practice area and location.
Scott is a Partner and Practice Group Lead with the Business and Financial Services Group at Harrison Pensa. Scott has over 30 years of experience working with private and public companies, credit unions and boards of education. Scott advises businesses in a wide range of industry sectors, including technology, manufacturing, retirement and long-term care facilities (LTC), hospitality, energy, transportation and agri-business.
Scott also provides counsel to school boards and credit unions on governance, regulatory and commercial matters. This breadth of experience contributes to and is the result of Scott’s practical, creative and business-focused approach to his clients’ needs.
Congratulations to our lawyers on this achievement and their continued dedication to our clients, the legal profession, and to our team at Harrison Pensa.