Scott T. Spindler
Scott is a partner in HP’s Business and Financial Services Group. With over thirty years of experience working with local, national and international businesses, as well as credit unions and other financial institutions, Scott has in-depth experience with a wide variety of legal issues, including:
- Buying, selling and starting businesses
- Critical business contracts and relationships
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- Reorganizations and succession planning
- Shareholder agreements and disputes
- Governance and compliance issues
- Private equity structures and financings
- IP licensing
- Stock options and incentive compensation arrangements
Scott has clients in a wide range of sectors, including IT, bio-medical, advanced manufacturing and servicing, clinical research, retirement and LTC facilities, hotels, transportation, agri-business and education. Scott brings a business-focused approach to his clients’ needs, with the clear understanding that his role is to help ensure they achieve their objectives. Scott is also part of HP’s Education Law and Intellectual Property and Technology practice groups.
Scott has been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers list in Canada for his work in Corporate Law and Education Law in 2018, 2019 and 2020. Best Lawyers recognizes law firms and lawyers for their professional excellence and consistent top rating from clients and peers.
Scott is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School and has a bachelor degree from McGill University.
Assistant: Aaron Gelbard
Business and Financial Services; Education Law; Intellectual Property and Technology