Part 2 of a 3 part series addressing the recently passed CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Law) on July 1, 2014 featuring Harrison Pensa’s very own technology and business lawyer David Canton.
We would like to thank to Rayne Dowell from Social Media Strategy Now for doing this Google+ hangout video series. Rayne approached us to get some information on CASL for a business group that she belongs too, and turned it into this three part video series that answers some basic CASL questions.
This video addresses:
- What does “double opt-in” really mean?
- Is there a grace period?
- What is Express Consent?
- Are there other provisions that kick in later?
- Heads up: Software vendors, app developers, software creators and App creators!
- What is the difference between “implied consent” and “express consent”?
- How will it be enforced and who will be enforcing it?
*Special note to software vendors, app developers, software creators and app creators.