Are you a team player that loves to problem solve in a high volume environment? We are currently recruiting for a Staff Accountant to join our Integrated Recovery Services Department.
Reporting to the General Manager, Integrated Recovery Services, this role will be directly responsible for managing the finance and accounting aspects of the Integrated Recovery Services department. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to thrive with change and business growth while developing tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports including monthly profit and loss forecasts;
- Lead and prepare balancing of accounts on a bi-weekly basis;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end statements;
- Monitor 30/60/90 day Receivables and identify files for billing;
- Participate in oversight of new business integration as it relates to accounts receivables;
- Lead province by province taxation to ensure accuracy, understanding and proper implementation;
- Manage and reconcile trust accounts;
- Manage write-offs and disbursements;
- Manage Accounts Payable;
- Prepare, review, interpret and analyze data and reporting to bring forward recommendations dependent on findings;
- Other duties, as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks;
- Organizational and time management skills to effectively meet deadlines as well as attention to detail;
- Team player possessing high integrity, maturity and ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong analytical abilities to problem solve and recommend efficiencies and meaningful solutions;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of Project Management Practices considered an asset;
- Experience working in a professional services environment considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Enterprise Elite software is considered an asset.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
Harrison Pensa was once again named one of London’s Best Places to Work for 2020. As our COO Adam Jean explains, “We have quietly believed that Harrison Pensa is one of the best places to work in London and are honoured that others have recognized us for this too. The fact that the award selection was based on feedback from our employees makes it that much more meaningful.”
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping …. all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RRSP, a collegial environment and free membership in our on-site fitness centre.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.