Are you a problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented role? Harrison Pensa is hiring a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting Team. You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic atmosphere, be accountable for handling a variety of key responsibilities and assist with future projects within the Team and Firm.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with the team, this role will be directly responsible for certain accounting tasks, primarily related to billings administration; investment management; disbursements processing; and recording of related financial transactions. As well, this role provides the opportunity to learn and act as a backup for other accounting team members. The appropriate candidate will also have the opportunity to lead and implement projects, assist with the implementation of a new accounting system, review processes and perform business analytics to bring forward recommendations.
- Approval and processing of billings;
- Investing in interest bearing, T-Bill or GIC accounts and posting interest earned;
- Electronic disbursements;
- Managing deposits;
- Issuance of Partner drawings and Consultant fee cheques;
- Maintaining accurate accounting records;
- Provide support and training for others;
- Integral member of the new accounting software package roll out;
- Managing deposit payments, balancing and maintaining petty cash, as required;
- Assisting with Pre-Billing and Invoicing, as required;
- Acting as a backup to other team members, as required;
- Other duties as required.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline;
- Newly completed CPA designation or willingness to complete;
- Organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills to effectively meet deadlines;
- Team player possessing high integrity, maturity, and ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Ability to problem solve and analyze processes to recommend efficiencies and meaningful solutions;
- Knowledge of Project Management Practices is considered an asset;
- Experience working in a professional services environment is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Enterprise Elite software is considered an asset.
COVID-19 Hiring Status
We require all candidates and employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of fully vaccinated status is required prior to the first date of employment. If you require an accommodation based on a medical or religious exemption, please notify Human Resources with your application.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and fostering a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.