Harrison Pensa is hiring a Software Developer within our Integrated Recovery Services Department — a highly specialized Creditors’ Rights department responsible for high volume commercial and consumer debt recovery legal work. As our Software Developer, you will report to the Partner, Integrated Recovery Services and work closely with our Software Development Team.
In this position, you are primarily responsible for ensuring special software development projects are completed accurately and timely in accordance with work project plans and timelines. A strong client focus is required to foster relationships and ensure clients’ needs are met.
Key Software Developer Responsibilities include:
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, work processes, investigating problem areas and following the software development lifecycle;
- Testing software, developing and maintaining written instructional material to describe program development, logic, coding, corrections, installation and operating procedures;
Assisting and collaborating with the Software Development Team to develop, troubleshoot, and maintaining the code base;
- Presenting ideas and concepts for system improvement, cost principles and prioritizing matters for Management considerations;
- Programming automated documentation generation and automated functions within documents;
- Monitoring application issues and being proactive in resolving the issues;
- Project management with respect to changes and new deployment;
- Performing regular application user entitlement reviews and various auditing functions;
- Developing and implementing protocols and training materials in conjunction with the Software Development Team;
- Acting as Firm Administrator for third-party file management software used by the Integrated Recovery Services department, and perform all duties associated with that role;
- Communicating with internal and external parties regarding file management software, including first line customer support, suggestions for improvement, system enhancements, and report/resolution of issues that arise;
- Providing software training to users on-site and remotely;
- Liaising with accounting staff and assisting in generation of invoicing;
- Generating, monitoring, and reporting on support tickets with client operating systems;
Completing special projects, including data collection, preparation of presentation materials, and ad hoc reporting;
- Other duties and special projects, as required.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer/Software Engineering, or equivalent;
- 8-10 years of experience;
- Highly organized to manage multiple project deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively to ensure business and client needs are met;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), JIRA (Atlassian), and Code Reviewing;
- Availability for working outside regular business hours, as required;
- Experience with PHP, GIT, Linux, and web application security considered an asset;
- Legal and business process experience considered an asset.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RRSP, and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.