Harrison Pensa is hiring a permanent, full-time Senior Real Estate Legal Assistant. We are seeking a well-practiced candidate with a minimum of 10 years of experience to support our Real Estate Law group. You can handle multiple responsibilities to a high degree and with minimal supervision.
- Independently closing residential and commercial real estate transactions;
- Reviewing and assembling client information;
- Preparing all transactional documentation related to purchases, sales, and refinances, including agreements of purchase and sale;
- Independently ensuring the continuous progression of files;
- Ordering title searches and title insurance policies;
- Ordering off-title searches;
- Ensuring closing documents are prepared accurately within applicable timelines;
- Communicating with clients and other external parties, both over the phone and in person, regarding initial intake and ongoing file management;
- Liaise with clients, lenders, brokers, real estate agents, lawyers, and staff;
- Scheduling meetings, appointments, calls, etc.;
- Reporting of transactions to clients and lenders;
- Assisting other lawyers and staff within the firm when necessary; and
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Law Clerk or Legal Assistant Diploma;
- 10 years of experience as a Real Estate Legal Assistant;
- Extensive knowledge of real estate transactions (purchase, sale, and refinance);
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adjusts to changing priorities, and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve with limited supervision;
- Courteous, client-focused, and professional attitude;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Teraview, and related Legal Industry Software.
COVID-19 Hiring Status
We require all candidates and employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of fully vaccinated status is required prior to the first date of employment. If you require an accommodation based on a medical or religious exemption, please notify Human Resources with your application.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key to delivering exceptional service for our clients and fostering a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estates, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.