Harrison Pensa is hiring a highly motivated and self-driven individual who thrives in a high-volume and fast-paced environment as a permanent, full-time Legal Assistant in our Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy team.
- Coordinate and monitor to ensure accurate legal documents are prepared within timelines set by the lawyer(s) or applicable court dates.
- Perform administrative duties, including preparing/drafting correspondence, electronic and paper filing, entering dockets, preparation of accounts, photocopying, day-to-day scanning, faxing, arranging couriers, etc.
- Communicating to internal and external parties regarding ongoing file management.
- Prepare pleadings, motion records, factums, affidavits, affidavit of documents, and other court documents according to instruction or precedents.
- Maintains the day-to-day schedule and operations for the lawyer(s) to whom they report including scheduling appointments, meetings, and managing a calendar.
- Arrange for service and filing of court documents.
- Liaise with court staff to set motion dates, court appointments, etc.
- Assist other lawyers and staff within the practice group when necessary;
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma or related discipline;
- 1-3 years of experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment, adjusts to changing priorities, and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to work as a team player and independently;
- Efficient self-starter and quick learner;
- Courteous, client-focused and professional attitude;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Legal Industry Software.
COVID-19 Hiring Status
We require all candidates and employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of fully vaccinated status is required prior to the first date of employment. If you require an accommodation based on a medical or religious exemption, please notify Human Resources with your application.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key to delivering exceptional service for our clients and fostering a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has an attractive cost of living, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.