We currently have a six-month contract available for a part-time receptionist opportunity within our firm. We are seeking a candidate who is a friendly and client-focused team player, and who succeeds in a fast-paced environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Opening, readying, and closing the office for business;
- Greeting clients and visitors and routing to their meeting location;
- Answering and routing incoming calls on a multi-line telephone system;
- Answering and directing cold calls to the designated staff members;
- Ensuring all couriers go out in a timely manner by completing waybills for local couriers and Purolator slips for overnight shipments;
- Notifying Staff and Lawyers when couriers arrive, routing mail and hand-delivered packages;
- Overseeing client pick-up area;
- Distributing general faxes to the specified Staff member or Lawyer;
- Required working hours are 8:00 am until 5:00 pm Thursday and Friday, and cover any additional time off as required;
- Assisting the administrative team as required;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, Executive Assistant or related discipline considered an asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Organizational, time management skills and multitasking skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Previous office administration experience is considered an asset;
- Previous experience in a legal environment is considered an asset.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients. We foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
Harrison Pensa was once again named one of London’s Best Places to Work for 2020. Chief Operating Officer Adam Jean explains, “We have quietly believed that Harrison Pensa is one of the best places to work in London and are honoured that others have recognized us for this too. The fact that the award selection was based on feedback from our employees makes it that much more meaningful.”
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estates, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping … all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.