Harrison Pensa LLP is hiring a permanent, full-time Real Estate Legal Assistant. We are seeking a highly organized candidate who possesses great attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities of a Real Estate Legal Assistant
- Assists with managing the day-to-day operations of the Lawyer and performs a variety of administrative duties;
- Preparing all transactional documentation related to mortgages, purchases, sales, and refinances, including agreements of purchase and sale;
- Request and complete necessary searches and registrations;
- Assists with the full-cycle completion of real estate and commercial deals;
- Ensuring closing documents are prepared, accurately and within applicable timelines;
- Liaise with clients, lenders, brokers, financial institutions, real estate agents, lawyers, and staff;
- Opening files, preparation of invoices, accounts and reports, and closing of files;
- Assist other lawyers and staff in the Real Estate practice group as necessary;
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Law Clerk or Legal Assistant diploma;
- 5-7 years of experience as a Real Estate Legal Assistant;
- Dynamic self-starter with the ability to prioritize all duties and responsibilities;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, possesses time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adjusts to changing priorities, and multi-tasking skills;
- Courteous, client-focused, and professional attitude;
- Ability to work independently and be a team player;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Teraview, and related Legal Industry Software.
COVID-19 Hiring Status
We require all candidates and employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of fully vaccinated status is required prior to the first date of employment. If you require an accommodation based on a medical or religious exemption, please notify Human Resources with your application.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service to our clients and fostering a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RSP, and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estates, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has an attractive cost of living, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.