We are currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent position in our Business Law Group as a Real Estate/Conveyancer Law Clerk. This opportunity is ideal for an individual looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
- Conduct title searches;
- Analyze and resolve title issues;
- Preparing, organizing and drafting documentation for closings;
- Communicate effectively with a team regarding ongoing file and client management;
- Assist with managing and organizing client files;
- Prepare correspondence, registrations, authorizations and directions;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma;
- Minimum 2 years’ previous Law Clerk experience;
- Title searching experience is required;
- Working knowledge of Conveyancer and Teraview is required;
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to prioritize workload;
- Courteous, client-focused and professional attitude;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
Harrison Pensa was once again named one of London’s Best Places to Work for 2020. As our COO Adam Jean explains, “We have quietly believed that Harrison Pensa is one of the best places to work in London and are honoured that others have recognized us for this too. The fact that the award selection was based on feedback from our employees makes it that much more meaningful.”
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping …. all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RRSP, a collegial environment and free membership in our on-site fitness centre.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.