Harrison Pensa is hiring a Legal Assistant in our fast-paced and high-volume Real Estate Law Group. Reporting and working with a team of Lawyers, we are seeking a candidate who is highly organized, with attention to detail and is a self-starter.
Legal Assistant Responsibilities
- Assists with managing the day-to-day operations of the team of lawyers and performs a variety of administrative duties;
- Opening files, preparation of invoices, accounts and reports, closing of files;
- Ensures accurate legal documents are prepared within timelines set by the lawyer(s) or applicable court dates;
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma or related discipline;
- 1-3 years of experience in Real Estate Law considered an asset;
- Dynamic self-starter with the ability to prioritize workload;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with time management skills to manage a fast-paced practice;
- Courteous, client-focused, and professional attitude;
- Ability to learn quickly and be a team player;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and willingness to learn standard legal industry software.
COVID-19 Hiring Status
We require all candidates and employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of fully vaccinated status is required prior to the first date of employment. If you require an accommodation based on a medical or religious exemption, please notify Human Resources with your application.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service to our clients and fostering a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RSP, and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has an attractive cost of living, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.