Are you seeking a new opportunity where you can take pride in your work and contribute to a fast-paced practice? We are currently recruiting for a full-time permanent position in our Business Law Group as a Legal Assistant. A dynamic self-starter who is highly organized with attention to detail and time management skills is the candidate we are seeking for this opportunity.
As a Legal Assistant, your Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Lawyer, including scheduling appointments, managing calendar, bring-forward system, and client-related activities;
- Ability to draft and revise, per instruction, accurate legal documentation by set timelines including but not limited to, Articles of Incorporation, Organizations, Re-Organizations, Mergers, Acquisitions, Shareholder and Limited Partnership Agreements, Sales and Refinances, Leasing documentation, and Business Name Registrations;
- Drafting correspondence, letters, and general administrative duties such as copying, filing, preparing outgoing mail and courier packages;
- Organize and maintain minute books;
- Following procedures to open and close files;
- Preparation and invoicing of accounts;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma or related discipline;
- 1-3 years of experience in Business Law, considered an asset;
- Dynamic self-starter with the ability to prioritize workload;
- Highly organized and detail oriented with time management skills to manage a fast-paced practice;
- Courteous, client-focused, and professional attitude;
- Ability to learn quickly and be a team player;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and standard legal industry software.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service to our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RSP, and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping, all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.