Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), and working closely with the IT department, the IT Trainer and Productivity Specialist will be responsible for leading the development, maintenance, and delivery of training programs to individual users and groups to enhance productivity and customer satisfaction.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly organized, and ambitious individual with strong communication skills to thrive in a role with diverse responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop a comprehensive firm-wide IT training program;
- Develop practice group and department-specific employee onboarding training programs;
- Identify and implement effective training/knowledge delivery media;
- Deliver comprehensive employee on-boarding training to all new employees;
- Provide general computer usage training to lawyers and staff;
- Train on phone systems, voicemail management, video and web conferencing;
- Train on new software, software and operating system upgrades, hardware upgrades as they arise;
- Train on various end-user applications and legal industry software packages by developing and applying a curriculum consistent with the LTC4 framework;
- Schedule vendors or third party trainers to provide specific training on certain software platforms, when necessary;
- Train on security and compliance based on LTC4 curriculum and SOC 2/ISO/ITIL standards;
- Maintain a monitoring/grading system for training completed and provide results to management;
- Identify technical training and education opportunities and offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills;
- Work with IT to create new tools and/or processes for continuous improvement;
- Contribute to/assist with IT policy, procedure, and system documentation; and
- Assist the IT team with day-to-day operations, when necessary.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, knowledge management or related discipline;
- 3 to 5 years of experience developing and delivering technology-related training programs;
- Proficient in various legal software and technologies;
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Experience working in a professional services environment is considered an asset.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, RRSP program, and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping – all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
Deadline to submit an application is Friday, July 23, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.