We are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Software Developer within our Integrated Recovery Services (IRS) Department. Our IRS department is a highly specialized Creditor’s Rights department responsible for high volume commercial and consumer debt recovery legal work. As our Intermediate Software Developer, you will report to and work closely with our Lead Software Developer and General Manager.
In this position, you are primarily responsible for ensuring special software development projects are completed accurately and timely in accordance with work project plans and timelines. A strong client focus is required to foster relationships and ensure clients’ needs are met.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assisting and collaborating with the Lead Software Developer with developing, troubleshooting, and maintaining the code base as needed;
- Programming automated documentation generation and automated functions within documents;
- Monitoring application issues and being proactive in resolving the issues;
- Project management with respect to changes and new deployment;
- Performing regular application user entitlement reviews and various auditing functions;
- Developing and implementing protocols and training materials in conjunction with the Lead Software Developer and General Manager;
- Acting as Firm Administrator for third party file management software used by the IRS department and perform all duties associated with that role;
- Communicating with internal and external parties regarding file management software, including first line customer support, suggestions for improvement, system enhancements, and report/resolution of issues that arise;
- Providing software training to users on-site and remotely;
- Developing and maintaining written instructional materials (procedures, user help guides, etc.) and documentation to facilitate IT operations and user information;
- Liaising with accounting staff and assisting in generation of invoicing;
- Generating, monitoring, and reporting on support tickets with client operating systems;
- Completing special projects, including data collection, preparation of presentation materials, ad hoc reporting etc., under the direction of the Lead Software Developer and General Manager.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer/Software Engineering, or equivalent;
- 3-5 years’ experience;
- Highly organized to manage multiple project deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively to ensure business and client needs are met;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), JIRA (Atlassian), and Code Reviewing;
- Availability for working outside regular business hours, as required;
- Experience with PHP, GIT, Linux, and web application security considered an asset;
- Legal and business process experience considered an asset.
Harrison Pensa was named one of London’s Best Places to Work for 2019. As our COO Adam Jean explains, “We have quietly believed that Harrison Pensa is one of the best places to work in London and are honoured that others have recognized us for this too. The fact that the award selection was based on feedback from our employees makes it that much more meaningful.”
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RSP, a collegial environment and free membership in our on-site fitness centre.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping …. all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.