The Intermediate Accountant role is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic candidate to join the finance team at Harrison Pensa. This is a role for someone ready to learn and grow and take the next steps in their career. Our ideal candidate has exceptional client service skills and a strong focus on accuracy.
Apart from day-to-day finance tasks, the candidate will also have the opportunity to work directly with the CFO on various special projects.
What you will be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Lead our accounts payable,
- Process hard cost disbursements, by posting them to the matter and making sure payment is arranged;
- Review, and process employee expense reports;
- Processing of billings;
- Processing direct deposits;
- Accept and complete payments via credit card;
- Bank Reconciliations;
- Assisting with our deals desk, by confirming funds are in trust, transferring money in trust and disbursing funds through wires, ETF’s or cheques, as required;
- Assisting with bank runs within downtown core, and general bank deposits, as required;
- Other duties as required.
Special projects you will work on with the CFO:
- Performing the first set of calculations for payment arrangements;
- Streamlining accounts payable payments by utilizing EFT’s;
- Streaming hard cost disbursement postings through automation;
- Implementing new payment method processes like E-transfer for business and new online payment vendors.
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Accounting or related discipline;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Accounting Environment. This role can be molded to candidates with less experience, but they must show exceptional soft skills (quick learning, attention to detail and accuracy).
- Focus on accuracy;
- Intelligent business acumen, you must be able to understand what’s important for our business and act accordingly;
- Positive attitude and commitment to all internal and external stakeholders;
- Team player who is willing to support the team however it may be needed;
- Dedicated individual who is willing to learn and take on new challenges;
- Experience in legal environment or professional services considered an asset;
- Real Estate accounting experience considered an asset.
Deadline to apply is Monday, January 9, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
COVID-19 Hiring Status:
We require all candidates and employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of fully vaccinated status is required prior to the first date of employment. If you require an accommodation based on a medical or religious exemption, please notify Human Resources with your application.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of a competitive cost of living, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping …. all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.