We are currently recruiting an Insurance Services Law Clerk who will be responsible for providing legal support to our Insurance Services Practice Group. We are seeking a candidate who is a team player and can adapt in a changing environment, highly organized with attention to detail and enjoys working in a fast paced, high volume practice.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Prepare legal documents and correspondence within timelines set by the lawyer(s) or applicable court dates;
- Review, analyze, and summarize legal documents;
- Communicate with clients and external parties, regarding initial intake or ongoing file management;
- Assist other lawyers and staff within the practice group as required;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma;
- Previous experience in insurance services or related law clerk experience, considered an asset;
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment with strong work ethic;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to prioritize workload;
- Courteous, client-focused, and professional attitude;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite applications.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service to our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RSP, and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping …. all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.