Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), and working closely with the IT department, you will be responsible for development, maintenance and delivery of training programs to individual users and groups. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the support of day to day operations within the department and Firm striving for continuous improvement of efficiencies.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Train on various end-user applications and legal industry software packages by developing and applying a curriculum consistent with the LTC4 framework and by scheduling vendors or third party trainers to provide specific training on certain software platforms;
- Train on security and compliance based on LTC4 curriculum and SOC 2/ISO/ITIL standards;
- Maintain a monitoring/grading system for training completed and provide results to management;
- Identify technical training and education opportunities and offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills;
- Provide general computer usage training (demonstrate typical windows features/shortcuts to help lawyers and staff be more efficient);
- Train on phone systems, voicemail management, video and web conferencing;
- Train on new software, software and operating system upgrades, hardware upgrades as they arise;
- Onboard employees through enhancement and delivery of orientation program;
- Support the day to day IT operations with the IT support team;
- Provide technical support to Staff, Associates and Partners;
- Work with IT to create new tools and/or processes after identifying the need from observations while training (continuous improvement);
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Sciences or related discipline;
- 3 to 5 years of IT experience;
- Proficient in various software and network configurations;
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications;
- Proven experience developing and delivering training programs, considered an asset;
- Experience with audit and security requirements considered an asset;
- Experience in Legal Industry considered an asset.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RRSP, a collegial environment and free membership in our on-site fitness centre.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.