Reporting to and working closely with the Chief Information Officer (CIO), this position is primarily responsible for development, maintenance and delivery of training programs to individual users and groups. They will also assist in creating and maintaining various training manuals, and be involved in IT policy, procedure and system documentation.
Develop, Maintain and Deliver Training Programs to Individual Users and Groups including:
- Train on various end-user applications and legal industry software packages by developing and applying a curriculum consistent with the LTC4 framework and by scheduling vendors or third party trainers to provide specific training on certain software platforms. Current software programs include but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Office/Office365 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Primafact; iManage Document Management System, Desksite and Filesite, Workspace Management, Email Integration, Document Security; ACL; Conveyancer; Fax Software; Dictation/Transcription Software; Elite Accounting/Elite Webview Time Entry, Proforma Creation, Cost Entry, Task Based Billing, Cheque Requisitions, Adjustments; Corplink; Dragon Dictate; Large File sending, Large File requesting; PDF Tools; Compression Tools; Document Comparison Tools; and some in-house developed solutions.
- Train on security and compliance based on LTC4 curriculum and SOC 2/ISO/ITIL standards
- Maintain a monitoring/grading system for training completed and provide results to management.
- Identify technical training and education opportunities and offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Provide general computer usage training (demonstrate typical windows features/shortcuts to help lawyers and staff be more efficient).
- Train on phone systems, voicemail management, video and web conferencing.
- Work with librarian on collective knowledge of the firm to organize and digitize information for the better use of the firm (entry level Knowledge Management).
- Train on new software, software and operating system upgrades, hardware upgrades as they arise
- Assist with project management of new products/processes and develop change management plans.
- Onboard new employees through enhancement and delivery of orientation program for new employees.
Assist CIO in Documenting Various Policy, Procedure and Systems Used for IT Security and with Meeting Audit Requirements including but not limited to:
- Audit reporting and requirements to meet various client and regulatory needs.
- Security Incident Response Team organization and development and testing.
- Creation and maintenance of security policies for the firm.
- Creation and maintenance of procedures and processes of various workflows.
- Creation and maintenance of disaster recovery, Continuity of Business, and Risk documentation.
- Support the day to day IT operations with the IT support team as needed.
- Work with IT to create new tools and/or processes after identifying the need from observations while training (continuous improvement).
The successful Candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in in Computer Sciences or other technical discipline; Minimum of 3-5 years IT experience, preferably in the legal industry;
- Formal training, education and/or experience in Training and Development;
- Proven experience developing and delivering training programs, considered an asset;
- Proficient in various software and network configurations;
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications;
- Knowledge of adult education best practices, theories and principles, considered an asset; and,
- Enrollment in or Certification in an IT security program such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC or CompTIA Security+ is considered an asset.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RRSP, a collegial environment and free membership in our on-site fitness centre.
To apply to this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: .
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.