Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), and working closely with the IT department, this position will be responsible for the support of day to day operations within the department and provide technical support and training to Staff, Associates and Partners. Additionally, this position will be responsible for leading the development, maintenance and delivery of training programs to individual users and groups to enhance productivity and customer satisfaction. We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly organized individual with strong communication skills to thrive in a role with diverse responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist the IT support team with the day to day IT operations;
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues;
- Work with IT to create new tools and/or processes for continuous improvement;
- Provide general computer usage training to lawyers and staff;
- Onboard employees through enhancement and delivery of orientation program;
- Train on phone systems, voicemail management, video and web conferencing;
- Train on new software, software and operating system upgrades, hardware upgrades as they arise;
- Train on various end-user applications and legal industry software packages by developing and applying a curriculum consistent with the LTC4 framework and by scheduling vendors or third party trainers to provide specific training on certain software platforms;
- Train on security and compliance based on LTC4 curriculum and SOC 2/ISO/ITIL standards;
- Maintain a monitoring/grading system for training completed and provide results to management;
- Identify technical training and education opportunities and offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills;
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Sciences or related discipline;
- 3 to 5 years of IT experience;
- Proficient in various software and network configurations;
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Experience in training and supporting information systems;
- Experience in developing and delivering training programs considered an asset;
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity considered an asset;
- Experience with audit and security requirements considered an asset;
- Experience working in a professional services environment considered an asset.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
Harrison Pensa was named one of London’s Best Places to Work for 2019. As our COO Adam Jean explains, “We have quietly believed that Harrison Pensa is one of the best places to work in London and are honoured that others have recognized us for this too. The fact that the award selection was based on feedback from our employees makes it that much more meaningful.”
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RSP, a collegial environment and free membership in our on-site fitness centre.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping …. all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RRSP, a collegial environment and free membership in our on-site fitness centre.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.