We are currently recruiting for an individual who is strongly people-oriented and ambitious to join our Human Resources Team. As our Human Resources Coordinator, you will report directly to our Human Resources Manager and work closely with our Chief Operating Officer, as required.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing support for various day-to-day functions of the Team and Firm, including but not limited to: payroll and benefits; recruitment and selection; employee engagement; administration; health and safety; and, current / future project initiatives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Administer bi-weekly and monthly payroll processing for each pay group;
- Manage reporting related to payroll administration and year-end tasks;
- Benefits and RRSP program administration;
- Remit monthly and annual bill payments;
- Create, post, and monitor vacant positions;
- Pre-screen candidates, conduct interviews with hiring Managers, perform background and reference checks;
- Schedule new hire orientation / on-boarding and complete required paperwork;
- Maintain physical, and electronic employee records;
- Develop, lead, and organize on-site and off-site Firm events;
- Assist with updating Firm policies and procedures to maintain compliance;
- Participate and contribute to health and safety initiatives;
- Active member of various committees within the Firm;
- Provide support compiling information and ad hoc reporting for performance review process and compensation planning;
- Support HR Manager and Chief Operating Officer with paper reduction initiatives involving sensitive information;
- Facilitate scheduling of meetings and events for HR Manager and Chief Operating Officer;
- Support Chief Operating Officer with organization and filing of confidential information for Partner and Partnership Board Meetings;
- Assist with monitoring and updating Counsel and Consultant agreements;
- Conduct market studies and surveys on salaries and benefits;
- Provide general human resources support to Staff, Associates and Partners;
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and accuracy;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources or related discipline;
- Working towards CHRP or CHRL designation;
- Experience processing full-cycle payroll is required;
- Knowledge of Payworks payroll system considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and communicate effectively;
- Team player with a positive and professional attitude to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience working in a professional services environment considered an asset.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RSP and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
Deadline to submit your application is Friday, May 7, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.