Harrison Pensa is hiring a General Litigation Legal Assistant for litigation and employment lawyer Mana Khami. Mana leads the General Litigation group at the firm and requires a well-organized team player with a positive attitude to support this fast-paced environment. This position is permanent, full-time with the possibility of remote work.
- Provide administrative support to lawyer(s) by drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and documents;
- Ability to draft and revise, per instruction, accurate legal documentation by set timelines including but not limited to, correspondence, forms, letters, pleadings and affidavits;
- Communicating with clients, court and counsel;
- Following procedures to open and close files;
- Preparation and invoicing of accounts;
- General administrative duties such as copying, filing, preparing outgoing mail and courier packages;
- Scheduling meetings, appointments, conference calls, etc. Keeping client information up to date;
- Communicating with clients and other external parties, both over the phone and in person, regarding initial intake or ongoing file management;
- Assisting other lawyers and staff within the firm when necessary;
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma or related discipline;
- 2-4 years of experience as a Litigation or Employment Law Legal Assistant;
- Experience in litigation is considered an asset;
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adjusts to changing priorities, and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to work as a team player and independently;
- Efficient self-starter and quick learner;
- Courteous, client-focused and professional attitude;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of legal terminology;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Legal Industry Software.
COVID-19 Hiring Status
We require all candidates and employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of fully vaccinated status is required prior to the first date of employment. If you require an accommodation based on a medical or religious exemption, please notify Human Resources with your application.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key to delivering exceptional service for our clients and fostering a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estates, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges. We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.