Harrison Pensa is hiring a proactive team player to join our Family Law Department as a Legal Assistant on a six-month contract.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform administrative duties, including preparing/drafting correspondence, opening/closing and maintaining files, generating accounts, electronic and paper filing, entering dockets, preparation of accounts, photocopying, day to day scanning, faxing, arranging couriers, etc.;
- Prepare pleadings, motion records, mediation and conference briefs, factums, affidavits, affidavit of documents, financial, and other court documents according to instruction or precedents;
- Ensure accurate legal documents are prepared within timelines set by the lawyer(s) or applicable court dates;
- Maintains the day-to-day schedule and operations for the lawyer(s) to whom they report;
- Update and communicate with clients on changes with files or court proceedings and practices;
- Arrange for service and filing of court documents through process servers;
- Schedule appointments, discoveries, meetings, and manage Outlook calendars;
- Assist other lawyers and staff within the practice group when necessary;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma;
- 1-3 years of experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to prioritize workload;
- Courteous, client-focused, and professional attitude;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Legal Industry Software.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estates, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping, all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.