We are currently recruiting for an experienced Law Clerk to join our Estate and General Litigation team. The successful candidate should thrive in a high pace practice, be detail-oriented and be a strong individual and team player.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support reporting lawyers with assembling and organizing client case information;
- Prepare necessary court forms and filing;
- Draft correspondence pertaining to litigation matters;
- Ensure accurate legal documents are prepared within timelines set by the lawyer(s) or applicable court dates;
- Communicate with clients and other external parties, both over the phone and in person, regarding initial intake or ongoing file management;
- Perform dicta-typing and proofreading/editing of documents;
- Arrange for service and filing of court documents;
- Liaise with court staff to set motion dates, court appointments, etc.;
- Assist other lawyers and staff within the practice group when necessary;
- Bill a minimum of 105 hours per month or 1260 hours per year;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary Law Clerk Diploma;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ previous experience in general litigation and/or estate litigation or related law clerk experience;
- Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong work ethic;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to prioritize workload;
- Courteous, client-focused and professional attitude;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite applications;
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
Harrison Pensa was once again named one of London’s Best Places to Work for 2020. As our COO Adam Jean explains, “We have quietly believed that Harrison Pensa is one of the best places to work in London and are honoured that others have recognized us for this too. The fact that the award selection was based on feedback from our employees makes it that much more meaningful.”
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping …. all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.