We are currently recruiting for an individual who thrives in a dynamic environment and possesses strong and confident leadership skills. As the Deputy Chief Information Officer (Deputy CIO) / Information Technology (IT) Manager, you will work closely and report to our current Chief Information Officer (CIO).
In this position, you will be responsible for contributing to the effective operation and support of information technology across the Firm. Executing and managing the following but not limited to; project management, technology migration, resource management and security compliance in alignment with Firm objectives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop and manage IT services, programs and support throughout the Firm;
- Monitor and support server security, updates and hardware maintenance;
- Accountable for secure procurement, implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions, meeting business requirements;
- Evaluate effectiveness of current technology and bring forward recommendations and/or alternative solutions;
- Responsible for internal and external audit compliance;
- Monitor compliance of client service level agreement;
- Collaborating and implementing recommendations based on security and operational audits;
- Construct business cases for project implementation;
- Administer project management to capture business requirements on current and future project deliverables;
- Develop and maintain budget for technology and IT services;
- Ensure cost-effective and efficient service is maintained with vendors and service providers;
- Manage Firm telecommunications – VOIP, online meetings, conferencing, etc.;
- Maintain, update and test business continuity impact and disaster recovery plans;
- Monitor and analyze internal feedback data to recommend change, as needed;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting, presenting findings to Management;
- Lead project management and change initiatives through implementation of new technology solutions;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of experience;
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline;
- Experience leading a team, projects and migrations;
- Involvement in working with SOC2 or equivalent compliance standards within an organization;
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting abilities;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment, VPN networking, wireless, firewalls, encryption and network security technology;
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms;
- Organizational, attention to detail and time management skills to prioritize deadlines;
- Team player possessing high integrity, maturity and ability to develop relationships and communicate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or working towards designation is considered an asset;
- Project Management Professional Certification is considered as asset.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RSP, a collegial environment and free membership in our on-site fitness centre.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping …. all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.