Harrison Pensa is hiring a hard-working, motivated candidate with strong interpersonal skills to join our Integrated Recovery Services Group as a Collections Clerk. This department is a highly specialized Creditors’ Rights department responsible for high-volume commercial and consumer debt recovery legal work.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Meeting monthly and annual collection targets;
- Locate customers using credit bureau information, background checks, loan documents, and other paperwork or databases;
- Contact customers to seek payment, inform clients of overdue accounts, and collect payment;
- Set up repayment plans and new terms of sale;
- Record new commitment to repay debt, and initiate repossession proceedings;
- Follow federal and provincial laws related to debt collection;
- Support others within the department, as required;
- Other duties, as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary or College diploma;
- Minimum 1 year of previous collections experience;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Courteous, client-focused, and professional attitude;
- Time management skills to manage in a thriving high-volume practice;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of the Small Claims Court procedures is considered an asset.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RRSP, and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping, all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.