Harrison Pensa is hiring a full-time Administrative Assistant in our Business Law Group for a three-month contract. We are looking for a self-starter who is highly organized and can handle a fast-paced practice.
Key Responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Lawyer, including scheduling appointments, managing calendar, bring-forward system, and client-related activities;
- Following procedures to open and close files;
- Requesting title searches;
- Preparing and organizing files for Legal Assistants;
- Tracking status of purchase, refinancing, and sale transaction file list;
- Preparation and invoicing of accounts;
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Administrative or Executive Assistant Diploma or related discipline;
- 1-3 years of experience in an office environment considered an asset;
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize workload;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with time management skills to manage a fast-paced practice;
- Courteous, client-focused and professional attitude;
- Ability to learn quickly and be a team player;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service to our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes, and a variety of entertainment and shopping — all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.