Are you someone who is looking for a wide range of responsibilities and duties? We are currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our Integrated Recovery Services Department.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing support for various day to day functions of the Team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Prepare registered mail and complete daily mail runs;
- Ensure all couriers go out on time by completing way-bills for local couriers and Purolator slips;
- Organize and disburse all incoming mail and packages;
- Process demand letters;
- Process bankruptcies, consumer proposals and distribution proposals;
- Process garnishment cheques;
- Complete compliance and limitation date reminders;
- Call courts when files are offside for garnishment funds and employers to ensure a garnishment will be honoured or to obtain garnishee-statements;
- Order office supplies and ensuring supplies are replenished;
- Receive and sort new incoming files;
- Complete social media searches, google searches and property searches;
- Complete phone calls for verification of employment;
- Update all client systems with new statuses as required;
- Sort and settle statuses on files;
- Run reports on files for legal action and review with management;
- Check the Elite accounting system and post payments from trust to file tracker as needed;
- Generate monthly reports for specified clients;
- Invoice and remit payments to clients;
- Collaborate with clients on complications or issues on files;
- Scan all incoming documents to accounting and disburse them to appropriate parties;
- Prepare and mail agent cheques;
- Prepare cheques for deposit;
- Print court cheques;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, Executive Assistant or related discipline;
- Organizational and time management skills to effectively meet deadlines;
- Team player with strong attention to detail;
- Strong analytical abilities to problem solve;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and/or Enterprise Elite software considered an asset;
- Experience working in a professional services environment considered an asset.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
Harrison Pensa was once again named one of London’s Best Places to Work for 2020. As our COO Adam Jean explains, “We have quietly believed that Harrison Pensa is one of the best places to work in London and are honoured that others have recognized us for this too. The fact that the award selection was based on feedback from our employees makes it that much more meaningful.”
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally turn to us every day for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping …. all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage, a group RRSP, a collegial environment and free membership in our on-site fitness centre.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.