We currently have a permanent full-time Accounting Assistant opportunity available in our Accounting Department. The primary focus of this role will be supporting various roles within the team. This opportunity services both internal and external stakeholders and requires a candidate that can handle a high-volume environment while ensuring they maintain organization and attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Confirming funds are in Trust Accounts;
- Tracking money transfers;
- Wire transfers;
- Certified cheques;
- Writing and communicating with Banking Institutions;
- Assisting with Pre-Billing and Invoicing;
- Processing of billings;
- Processing direct deposits;
- Review and complete Accounts Payable, as assigned;
- Accept and complete payments via credit card;
- Data entry, updating and maintaining department spreadsheets;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Assisting with bank runs within downtown core, and general bank deposits, as required;
- Supporting the Accounting Department with day to day functions;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Accounting or related discipline;
- 3 to 5 years experience in Accounting Environment;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and written;
- Organization and time management skills;
- Team player with a professional and calm demeanor;
- Experience in legal environment or professional services considered an asset;
- Real Estate accounting experience considered an asset.
At Harrison Pensa, we are a team that values you and your contribution. We recognize our employees are key in delivering exceptional service for our clients and foster a supportive environment with the expertise to help you thrive.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, health care coverage and a collegial environment.
Harrison Pensa is a full-service law firm based in London, Ontario, with expertise in business law, litigation, and personal legal services including family, wills and estate, and personal injury law. Personal and business clients throughout southwestern Ontario, across Canada, and internationally turn to us for our proven skills and trusted counsel.
London, Ontario is a great place to live. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, London has the benefit of affordable housing, easy commutes and a variety of entertainment and shopping … all the amenities of the big city without the challenges.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.