Join us every week for the Friday 5 where we get the inside scoop on the lawyers of Harrison Pensa. Featured lawyers answer 5 questions about who they are and what they care about. You’ll be surprised at what you will discover.
1. How is practicing law different than you thought it would be?
Law school teaches students about legal concepts, but very little about the practice and business of law. There are many considerations that every client faces above and beyond the legal merits of their case, such as financial pressures, and the practical realities associated with either commencing litigation or being in the position of defending oneself in litigation.
2. What makes a typical day great?
Being able to notify a client that we have made strides with their case and/or achieved a step that is important to the case.
3. Hit random on your iPod – what are the top 5 songs that come up?
- What Hurts the Most (Rascal Flatts) (courtesy of my husband);
- I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas (courtesy of my 4 year old);
- DJ Got Us Falling in Love (Usher);
- Hot N Cold (Katy Perry); and
- Hot Dog! (Mickey Mouse Club) (again, courtesy of my daughter!)
4. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Curling up on the sofa with a warm blanket and a glass of wine and watching the latest action movie.
5. What do your friends think of lawyers?
That we are busy, always in court and should be buying the rounds of drinks when we get together!